Island Window Coverings lines of hardwood shutters offer long lasting strength and excellent structural integrity. Constructed from solid hardwood materials they will offer good service for decades. Schedule a free in-home consultation with your local Style Consultant to learn more about these durable window coverings.
Hardwood shutters are plantation-style shutters crafted from real wood and use dovetail construction for maximum strength and durability.
Solid wood painted and stained shutters are the longest lasting shutters, are typically around half the weight of their composite counterparts, and available in just about any finish from white to black and everywhere in between.
The nature of solid wood shutters allow for wider panels, taller panels and panels without additional support components such as divider rails. This allows for greater overall ‘view-through’.
Some of the benefits of solid wood shutters are:
- They provide an excellent solution for light and privacy control.
- Three popular louver sizes, 2 ½”, 3 ½” and 4 ½” – which are all fashionably contoured to optimize your view.
- Available in a variety of stains and finishes, and can also be custom color-matched.
- Wooden shutters can also be customized to fit any unique window shape from arched to round styles, and is a perfect window covering solution for French doors.
- Shutters are easy to operate and designed without cords, making them safe options for homes with children and pets.