Island Window Coverings line of cellular shades are some of the most versatile window coverings available. Cellular shades are sometimes referred to as pleated or honeycomb shades, and offer various degrees of light filtration and cordless options, making them safe for children and pets. They are designed with small honeycomb-shaped pockets or ‘cells’ to help keep air from either entering or escaping your home, and thick cellular fabrics to provide an insulating layer which helps keep your room at an ideal temperature. Cellular shades come in a wide variety of fabrics and widths, making them an excellent solution if your home or condominium has wide and large windows.
The many benefits of using cellular shades include:
- Three popular cell sizes offer varying degrees of insulation from the heat, cold and sound, enhancing your home’s energy efficiency.
- Soft, luxurious fabrics available in four light control levels—sheer, light filtering, room darkening, and blackout to create the perfect mood in any room.
- These shades can be customized for odd shaped windows including hexagons, octagons, angled windows, skylights and various arches.
- Cellular shades are able be paired with their vertical counterparts to cover wide windows and sliding doors to provide a continuity with other windows in your home.
- Popular top down bottom up option’s allow cellular shades to be lowered from the top, or raised from the bottom, maintaining privacy and letting natural light in.
- A top-down only option preserves your privacy and blocks unwanted views.
Call Island Window Coverings today and let us help you find the perfect solution for your window covering needs!